The responsibilities of the patient at this center are as follows:
- To provide complete and accurate information to the best of his/her ability about his/her health, any medications, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements and any allergies or sensitivities.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by his/her provider.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from West River Endoscopy
- Inform his/her provider about any living will, medical power of attorney, or other directive that could affect his/her care. (RIDOH Advance Directives)
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/her insurance.
- Be respectful of all the health care providers and staff, as well as other patients.
- To follow preparation instructions and to call with any questions or problems.
- To follow the physician's post-procedure instructions.
- Recognize the reality of risks and limits of the science of medical care and the human fallibility of the health care professional.
- Be aware of a health care provider’s obligation to be reasonably efficient and equitable in providing care to other patients and the community.
- Use the health plan’s internal complaint and appeal processes to address concerns that may arise.
- Abide by the administrative and operational procedures of health plans, health care providers, and government health benefit programs.
- Report wrongdoing and fraud to appropriate resources or legal authorities.
If a patient is found to be in non-compliance with the Patient Responsibilities set forth by the West River Endoscopy, or if the patient violates any rules or regulations set forth by West River Endoscopy, we reserve the right to dismiss the patient from the premises and/or refuse treatment or services.